1. Contemporary (or modern) is in. Clean lines, open spaces and the uncluttered look is in! Transitional, a seamless blend of Traditional and contemporary is gaining in popularity as well.
2. Hidden Appliances: Appliances designed to blend in with the rest of the kitchen, Refrigerators, dishwashers, warming drawers and ice makers are designed to have a panel matching the doors of the cabinets.
3. Lots of lights: Great lighting in the kitchen is becoming more important, with lighting being layered with a mixture of task lighting and ambient lighting. Under-cabinet LED lights are becoming more commonplace.
4. Neutral color schemes: The use of neutral colors in the kitchen is on the rise, particularly in shades of grays and greens and a variety of wood tones, although painted white cabinets are still the most popular. Bright colors are being reserved for only small accents in the kitchen.
5. Decorative range hoods: Trends are moving away from a conventional stainless steel trapezoid-shaped hood to more decorative range hoods. These hoods may have built-in LED lights and are even serving almost like a decorative chandelier for a kitchen island.
6. Glass backsplashes: Preference for glass backsplashes has grown dramatically, rising from 42% in 2010 to 64% this year. Ceramic and porcelain tile remains the top option for the third consecutive year, but overall use fell from 88% in 2010 to 77% now.
7. Faucets & Finishes:Because of the function the pull out faucet with Touch Technology has become very popular and will been seen in the satin nickel finish most remodeling projects.